Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: A7 Cabinet Purchase Question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Someone local in Georgia contacted me with this for sale, can you guys tell me anything about it from the pic.... does it look right? I asked and he says it is plywood and not MDF. What do you think it's worth? It has an EV SP15 Triaxial speaker in it, but I asked him if he would just sell me the box, and if so, how much.... waiting for reply back.... thoughts? Also, if he won't sell just the cabinet, does anyone have any idea how much the EV speaker is worth and how easy it would be to sell?

    2

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 21, 2008 11:50 AM: Message edited by: ClassicComics ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cal - Can I ask where you got yours from?

    For those unfamilar with my other posts, I have been searching for a matching center speaker for my pair of A7's for my theater.... this is a single speaker for sale. Since it has no Altec components in it, I'll have to buy a horn, woofer and dividing network (most likely on ebay)....

    He really doesn't want to just sell just the cabinet, unless I "make him an offer he can't refuse", but I'm not sure how much the EV speaker might be worth and I don't know what would be to much to pay for just a cabinet considering what else I will have to buy. At least it's local, so no shipping involved.....

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 21, 2008 01:27 PM: Message edited by: ClassicComics ]</font>

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mine were delivered to Canada by an ebayer from the Seattle/Tacoma area. Those 825's and some 210 cabinets came on the same trailer. Didn't know the 825's were coming until the evening they left. He asked if I would like those as well. I said sure, how much?

    The rest is history.

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 21, 2008 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Cal Weldon ]</font>

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Tom Brennan's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The EV is a good driver of excellent quality and has a following, I've heard them sounding very good in Karlsons. Of course that doesn't mean you'll like the way it sounds.

    If you got a good price you could use the 825 with the EV until you got settled.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member selmerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2003
    Posts
    384
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think the EV SP15 is a triaxial, I'm pretty sure it's a full-range driver with a whizzer. I doubt a single would fetch any more than $200 (if that) so I probably wouldn't offer much more than $350 or $400 for cabinet with the SP15. Considering it's a single you could probably get it for less than that but I'd put that as the upper ceiling. You may want it badder though.

    Dave

  6. #6
    Inactive Member selmerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2003
    Posts
    384
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Tell him you want the Decware Imperials behind it...

    Dave

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 21, 2008 12:08 PM: Message edited by: selmerdave ]</font>

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Those look like the 825 cabinet? 5/8" plywood, same as mine. They were $100 ea. plus delivery. Can't help with the drivers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.